No items available to list.
Terms of Reference
Pursuant to section 101A of the Development Act 199, the District Council of Loxton Waikerie resolved on 29 November 2010 to establish a committee to be known as the District Council of Loxton Waikerie Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee.
The Council appoints the Mayor as the presiding member of the committee and the terms of reference are those contained in Section 101A of the Development Act.
The committee will meet on an as needs basis.
The membership of the committee shall consist of no less than 4 and no more than 6 members.
No additional allowance will be paid to an elected member representative over and above the allowance already received by the elected member in accordance with the Local Government (Members Allowances and Benefits) regulations 1999.
PROCEEDINGS THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS
The committee shall be subject to the provisions of the Local Government (Procedures at Meetings) Regulations 2000, Part 3.
FUNCTIONS OF THE COMMITTEE
1. 101A—Councils to establish strategic planning and development policy
(1) A council must establish a strategic planning and development policy committee.
(2) The functions of the committee are:
(a) to provide advice to the council in relation to the extent to which the council's strategic planning and development policies accord with the Planning Strategy; and
(b) to assist the council in undertaking strategic planning and monitoring directed at achieving—
(i) orderly and efficient development within the area of the council; and
(ii) high levels of integration of transport and land-use planning; and
(iii) relevant targets set out in the Planning Strategy within the area of the council; and
(iiia) the implementation of affordable housing policies set out in the Planning Strategy within the area of the council; and
(iv) other outcomes of a prescribed kind (if any); and
(c) to provide advice to the council (or to act as its delegate) in relation to strategic planning and development policy issues when the council is preparing—
(i) a Strategic Directions Report; or
(ii) a Development Plan Amendment proposal; and
(d) other functions (other than functions relating to development assessment or compliance) assigned to the committee by the council.
(3) The Local Government Act 1999 will apply in relation to a committee established under this section as if it were a committee established under that Act.
(4) The Minister may exempt a council from the requirement to establish a committee under this section if satisfied that the functions of a committee established by the council under the Local Government Act 1999 include the functions set out in subsection (2).
(5) The Minister may, after giving the council a reasonable opportunity to make submissions in relation to the matter, revoke an exemption under subsection (4).
2. Receive reports regarding the implementation of LW2020
3. Identify the skill set required for membership with a view to considering a future appointment of non elected members to support and enhance the work of the committee. Further that the results of the review be reported to Council no later than 31 March 2015.
Mr Peter Sellar
|Position||Director Corporate & Community Services|
|Address||PO Box 409
LOXTON SA 5333
|Contact Details||Work: 08 8584 8000
|Term Dates||From 06/10/2015|