About the Project
The Waikerie Riverfront Revitalisation and Trails Masterplan Project has been developed by Council in partnership with the Waikerie Delivers Committee in response to the needs of the Waikerie community.
The Waikerie Riverfront Revitalisation Project will create:
- Lawned amphitheatre event space with raised wall seating
- Water play zone connected to water front sandy beach
- Public shelter, barbeque and seating
- Wayfinding signage
- Landscape planting, lawns and lighting
The project will also:
- Provide quality public infrastructure that will attract visitors to the town to enjoy the vibrant and attractive riverfront space and spend money in town
- Attract new commercial activity to the town, provide play making and spaces for social connections and showcase Waikerie’s distinctive and vibrant cultural life
- Enhance the live ability of the town and encourage migration and population
- Create civic pride and community inclusion
Funding the Project
Council has allocated $1,000,000 to complete the Waikerie Riverfront Project and has also been successful in obtaining a further $400,000 from the 2019-20 Places for People Program.
On ground works are expected to commence in September 2020 with the project expected to be completed in June 2021.