Stronger Communities Programme - Round 6 EOI
The programme intends to encourage and support participation in local projects, improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant and viable communities.
The SCP supports the Coalition Government’s commitment to deliver social benefits in communities across Australia. A maximum of 20 projects per electorate can be funded, not exceeding $150,000 in total.
Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- fit-out of community centres, including kitchen upgrades and equipment
- purchasing operating equipment such as computers, TVs, furniture and fittings
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, BBQ facilities, seating, new turf, fit-out of change rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks
- purchasing equipment for local SES
- purchasing first aid equipment
Round 6 of the programme will continue to support Australia’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. For this special round, grant funding will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs. For this special round “in kind” expenditure is not eligible expenditure.
Projects funded under round 6 of the programme will need to be completed by 31 December 2021.
Examples of ineligible projects include:
- payment of salaries for existing and new staff or contractors
- recurring or ongoing expenditure such as annual maintenance, lease payments, electricity or gas expenditure
- projects that seek funding to stage events, exhibit a display or for filming
- projects to undertake studies or investigations
- purchase of land or buildings
HOW DO I APPLY?
Applying for a Barker Stronger Communities Programme Grant is a two-step process:
- Submission of “Expression of Interest” (EOI).
- If your EOI is approved you will be invited to complete a detailed formal application through an online portal which will be processed by the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications (the Department).
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
- Complete an Expression of Interest form and deliver to Tony Pasin's office by Thursday 28th January 2021 at 5:00pm (please do not mail)
OR scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expressions of Interest will be assessed by the Barker Stronger Communities Consultation Committee. The Committee is made up of a broad range of community members who assess applications impartially.
- From 5th February 2021 all EOI applicants will be notified by email of the Committee’s successful and unsuccessful Expressions of Interest.
- From 10th February 2021, organisations that received a favourable assessment of their Expression of Interest will receive a link to the Department’s online portal to complete a formal grant application. The online portal will seek more detailed information from your organisation regarding your application such as budgets, council approval (if relevant), plans etc.
- Upon completion of your online formal grant application, the Department will assess your application. You may be contacted by the Department directly if they require further information from you.
- If your application is successful you will be notified by Tony Pasins office after the portal closes on 22nd March 2021.
For more information about the Stronger Communities Programme, please contact either of Tony Pasin's electorate offices on 8531266 or 87247730. Alternatively, further information and guidelines can be found at www.business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/stronger-communities-programme